Valentine’s Day is Friday. Have you made plans?
Last year Valentine’s Day consumer spending was estimated to reach 20 billion dollars! Consumers were surveyed and chocolate, candy or food treats took the top spot, followed by flowers, then jewelry.
Now, those things add up fast. If you’re committed to stewarding your money well this year, you can demonstrate your love without spending or borrowing a bunch of money. Just be creative!
Here are some of my ideas:
• Make a card. Encourage your spouse and affirm your love. Surprise him or her with it. Everyone needs verbal affirmations, and this holiday is a great time to share them!
• Make a gift certificate for something meaningful. Whether detailing your wife’s car or cooking your husband’s favorite meal, you know what will be appreciated.
• Plan and cook a meal together. Follow that by a long walk.
• Work a puzzle while listening to music or an audiobook.
• Enjoy a special cup of coffee or tea together.
• And If you have to work or can’t celebrate on the 14th, then make alternate plans.
If you don’t already, start reading the Bible aloud together every night and pray as a family. Let your husband lead in this.
Valentine’s Day is a celebration around the world. Let’s remember the greatest love demonstrated by God who loved us so much that He gave us His only son, and His love never fails.
If you need help today, call the Crown Help Line at 800- 722-1976. Speak to one of our staff, share your fears, ask for prayer and free counsel to help you take the next steps. Put financial fear behind you. Call 800-722-1976 or visit us online at crown.org.