Crown Budget Coaching
Help clients learn what the Bible says
about their personal finances,create a budget, get out of debt,
and get on the road to financial freedom.
Want to learn more about becoming a Budget Coach?
What Budget Coaches Do
- Take client referrals from Crown.org and/or from their local church
- Help clients learn what the Bible says about their personal finances and their attitudes toward money
- Help clients create a budget, get out of debt and get on the road to financial freedom
- Be a genuine follower of Jesus who has a living, vibrant relationship with God
- Be active in a local Christian church congregation
- Have a genuine love for people and a passion to see them grow in their relationship with Christ while gaining financial peace
- Willingness and ability to coach online through virtual meetings
- Be generous and organized with their own finances. This includes having lived on a budget for at least 6 months, and, if in debt, working toward paying off debts. They also need to be actively saving for the future.
- Be comfortable using a computer including email, Microsoft Excel, virtual meeting platforms (Zoom, Google Meet, etc.) and web-based online learning tools
- Be committed to not solicit business from a client for personal gain
How Do I Become a Budget Coach?
- Complete an online application and Budget Coach Agreement
- Send the Pastor’s Authorization Form to your pastor or spiritual leader and ask them to complete and email it to Crown
- Obtain application approval from a member of the Crown Budget Coaching Leadership Team. (Note: achieving the prior steps sets this approval process in motion.)
- Once approved, sign up for a coach training class and pay the $150 training fee using the link provided by Crown upon approval
- Complete the Crown Budget Coach Training Course, which consists of seven 2-hour virtual meetings with a minimum of 3 hours of homework between meetings.
- Meet with each client seven times for 1-2 hours over three months. Before each meeting, spend 1-1.5 hours reviewing Bible Study and practical work.
- Time to schedule meetings, send out emails, track and pray for your clients.
- Participate in Crown coach meetings, held virtually four times a year for 1-2 hours
- You decide when you are ready to accept a new client and how many to coach at one time, but you are expected to regularly take new clients to stay active as a coach.
Stories of Lives Transformed by Crown Budget Coaching
Deciding which bills to pay on time and which ones to pay late was keeping me up at night. Our mentor helped us customize a budget, allowing us to eliminate some of our debt. Now we are living within our means finally have financial peace of mind.
/ Bakersfield, CA
Seeing my financial situation in black-and-white allowed me to take a hard look at my spending habits. Now I’m working on eliminating credit card debt with an end goal of being debt free.
/ Kansas City, MO
Our mentor helped us customize a spending plan, saving us from possible bankruptcy. And with discipline, the resources in the Toolbox will help us stay on track for years to come.
/ Little Rock, AR