Resolve to Improve Your Finances
Trying to improve your finances?
The New Year is a great opportunity to get a fresh start. Ecclesiastes 3 says, “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.” God gives us different seasons throughout life because he knows we need time to rest and reflect on the year ahead. A New Year’s resolution might motivate you. Here are 7 tips from LifeHack.org with my commentary on how to make a good resolution.
• First just pick one then commit to being successful at it. Make it realistic and attainable, like saving $1,000 in an Emergency Savings Account, or giving regularly, or paying off all credit card debt.
• Next plan ahead. Research ways to become successful managing your money. Crown.org offers plenty of free financial advice and resources.
• Then anticipate problems. Know your weaknesses and temptations. Write these down and find a solution to keep them at bay.
• Next pick a start date. Why not today? Habits take about 3 weeks to develop, so get a head start!
• Then go for it. Seek accountability and commit your plans to the Lord. Write down the reason for the resolution where you’ll see it frequently.
• Also accept failure. If you slip up, give yourself some grace. Decide to immediately get back on track and don’t allow it to derail you completely.
• Finally plan in some rewards throughout the year to celebrate your progress. A simple recognition can become very motivating!
Now if you’ve been helped by Crown or this radio station, I invite you to begin supporting us both. Please give to this radio station first then consider being a part of the Crown Matching Challenge from now through December 31st. Every gift will be doubled today at crown.org.