CROWN STEWARDSHIP CENTER
MEET YOUR CROWN PROJECT LEADERS
Luis and Dina Rea have been married for almost 20 years. Their two children, Moises and Steffany are just two of the over 500 children they feed daily with Luis serving as the Director of Funda País, teaching them the purpose they have in God and helping parents have tools to support their children. Where they live, child malnutrition and crime exist at high rates, wanting to do something about it, Luis and Dina began to pray to break the cycle of poverty in Venezuela. Not long after they began praying, God answered with a solution - teach stewardship to parents through Crown materials. They now teach in agriculture, mechanics, construction, hairdressing, sewing, cooking, and more, and are convinced that God is transforming these moms and dads into faithful administrators of the resources and talents that God has put in their hands.
OUR RESPONSE TO THE NEED
GIVE TO THIS PROJECT
CSC Venezuela Map
- 90% of the country lives in poverty (1) with general shortages of electricity, drinking water, health services, food safety and waste and wastewater management, an exponential increase from the 46% in 2014, due to hyperinflation. (2)
- 61% of children are malnutritioned, 11% of which are severely and chronically malnutritioned. (3) 11,446 children under the age of 1 died in 2016 (4),
- A hyperinflation of more than 4 digits from mid-2018 and to date, aggravates the entire food security landscape.
- A 40% high unemployment rate, and 76% average Venezuelan purchasing power deterioration after salary increases every two to three months, according to unofficial statistics.
- The minimum income per worker is $3 to $5 USD monthly, according to the official gazette, at the exchange of the national currency.
Jennifer arrived at our center in 2017 with a broken marriage and few resources. Pregnant with twins and a mother of three, she was looking for help to feed all her malnutritioned children. When she gave birth to the twins, one of them was immediately hospitalized due to severe malnutrition.
Our Foundation was able to give the infant medical attention and soon after treatments, he improved to achieve winning weight! Through our relationship, Jennifer came to know Christ and gave her heart to God. She now experiences life with the love of a small group and has learned the principles of biblical stewardship by watching Crown’s God Provides series.
Jennifer since has began working to solve the financial problems that prevented her from feeding her children. After several months of applying God’s word to her finances, God restored her marriage! They have joined a church and are now learning the fundamentals of agriculture and finances through the Crown Money Map. They went from being a poor family and destroyed without hope, to a family that walks by the hand of God.
Today Jennifer says, "God brought me to Him to give me blessings, to set me free me from evil. We are learning to be better administrators and my wish is to learn more to multiply it in others.”
3. UCLA data, March 2019. Caritas 2019 and Funda País 2019