Today on MoneyLife™ with Chuck Bentley
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Chuck Bentley Answers Caller Question
Host Chuck Bentley answers caller financial questions on today's edition of MoneyLife, with help from Jocelin Boutet, Crown's Money Map Coach Manager.
Today's questions include:
- Save for retirement or pay off house?
- Consolidate credit card debt?
- Best way to save for kids' college?
- How to determine life insurance needs?
Here are today's important links:
- "Beware of Online I.D. Theft," CNNMoney
- Crown Biblical Financial Study
- Crown Money Map
- Credability will help negotiate with your creditors to lower your interest rates.
- Sound Mind Investing Handbook
- Bankrate.com Life Insurance Calculator
- Business by the Book
- Crown's new Unemployment Handbook
- Crown offers free coaching through volunteer Money Map Coaches.
- You can become part of Crown's effort to teach biblical stewardship by making a gift online or by calling 800-722-1976. Thank you!
- Save the date, September 23 – 26, 2010, for the Crown Reunion!
Dos and Don'ts of Credit Cards
The primary cause of financial problems for most families is the misuse and abuse of credit cards.
Credit Card Interest and Fees
By the Fair Credit and Charge Card Disclosure Act of 1988 credit card issuers are required to provide applicants with detailed information.
Using a Credit Card
There is nothing wrong with using credit cards if people are able to discipline their use by following some very simple guidelines.
Rollover Method for Paying Off Credit Cards
There is a light at the end of the debt tunnel. By applying some simple principles, you can begin to pay off credit cards and become debt free.